Sunday, May 5, 2013

My Very First MakeUp product!

This product has been a staple in my makeup bag since 2002- which was The first time I really started using makeup. I was 1st year college and could afford to buy makeup finally!

I believe I discovered this product thru a magazine-- The ever trusty Cosmopolitan!

I dont remember the price though when i first bought it. Probably around P90 or equivalent to 9AED or 2USD. And i think the price has gone higher now. I bought three boxes last time i went for vacation which was December 2011. And I still have one which I have just recently opened.

This product is amazing! I do not know how I can stress that enough, aside from the fact that I have been using it for the past 10- almost 11 years now.. And here it is.. Drumroll please...

Its BENCH's Pretty When Pinched lip & cheek tint.

First of all, I think the name is so adorable!-- Pretty when Pinched! It really does make your cheeks look pretty like when you pinch them and they turn reddish.

I am asian, and a lot of asians don't really have that natural blush prominent on their cheeks especially those with darker skin tones, unlike caucasians or people with paler skin tones, where their cheeks naturally turn reddish or pinkish in hot weather or after exercising. Hence this product helps achieve that.

I call it my cheat product! (^_^)

Whenever I would use it, it would give my skin such a natural pinkish/reddish glow that made me look like i was blushing! Or in tagalog "mamula mulang kutis (reddish glowing skin)" which is a trademark of the Mestizas/ Mestizos (Filipinos who are of mixed race- which then makes them have paler skin than the native Filipinos). And as we all know, up to this day the pale skin is very coveted amongst Filipinos as they view these people to be of higher stature than the common dark skinned Filipinos. Effects of the Spanish Colonial Period! Anyway, before my post becomes a historical one, lets get back to business.

Fair warning guys, this product is a cross between a liquid blush and a cream blush. Its not as liquid as the famous Body shop's lip & cheek tint and not as creamy as the cream blushes in pots. But it has a very watery consistency which I believe makes it easier to apply!
This does also come in liquid form, which is packaged in a Nailpolish-esque container, with a brush applicator, but I prefer the one that comes in a tube since its easier to carry around. They have changed the formula over the years & the packaging, I noticed! I prefer the old one, but as they say, it is for product enhancement!
It comes in two shades- one which is lighter and more pinkish, and another which is more reddish and purple. Although I really cannot distinguish them in the tube. They both work well with all skintones.

I remember, that I even fooled my then boyfriend, that my blush was very natural! He even commented that it looked adorable, until one day he noticed that my blush went up high until my temples! Hahahaha! That was because of me & my crappy product application! I actually spread out the product up to my temples without even noticing!

The technique in application is to first get an ample amount (preferably a small dot) of product on your finger tip, (DO NOT! I repeat DO NOT apply it directly on your face!) use that finger to spread the product on your cheeks. This will prevent excessive staining on the cheeks and will make the blush look more natural! Just be careful in your application though, as a little goes a long way, you wouldn't want to end up looking like a clown with super red cheeks (unless thats the look your going for).

I apply it once in the morning or whenever Im getting ready to go out, just after I apply my moisturizer or liquid foundation. You can even apply it on your bare skin if you want. And no touch ups necessary. It literally lasts all day. Do not apply it on top of powder though, as it might streak!

And what I notice is when you exercise or if its really hot, it actually pops out more eminently on your face, as if you were naturally blushing! It even works under sunscreen! Amazing right??

You can even use it under a powder blush and I think it really makes the color pop out more.

I have tried a host of other products, including high end ones, and yet I still keep going back to this one. I really don't know if its just nostalgia, but what I do know, is this product works!

Its available in the UAE thru the Bench stores in Abu Dhabi & Dubai.
The sad part is they do not sell it online at the Benchtm.com website.

I will continue to use this product and might even get my kids to use it one day! (Hopefully they don't discontinue it!)
And here is to Happy Cheeky days! So give it a go guys!






No comments:

Post a Comment